Friday 6 November 2009

Geoff Poland Team Leader

For those who know of my high level computer skills the fact that I have managed to get this far is incredible. So thanks to Steff for giving me an idiots guide to blogging.

Whilst the team may be thinking that my vocational visits have only been with my host Paul Strutt to Queenstown Golf Club!! (although we have visited the club house but purely of course for meeting local business people) I was very honoured to spend an hour and a half with Mzwabantu Dapula the Executive Mayor of Lukhanji which is the province which covers Quuesnstown.

The Mayor is very different to the UK in that he is a paid official and has greater Executive power than his UK counterpart. He explained the difficulties facing the province, which is principally unemployment and some of the ideas that he has for resolving the issue.

In addition to the Mayor Paul has taken me to various businesses and as is symptomic with South Africa everybody is very warm and welcoming.

DG Terry the team are working superbly and giving a great impact on everyone that they meet.
My thanks to Bruce and all his colleagues for your superb hospitality, your warmth will stay with us all for ever. Au revoiur, I am sure that some of us will be back

No comments:

Post a Comment